Volunteer With Us!
Volunteers are one of the most important components of any non-profit organization, and Alex House is no exception! Much of the work that we do would not be possible without our volunteers, who collectivley contribute thousands of hours every year, making it possible for us to put on community events, run programs and put a smile on peoples’ faces.
For one hundred years, Alexandra Neighbourhood House has had a mission to help empower people to build and nurture our community, and one another. And since our inception, one fact has always remained true – we could not fulfill our mission were it not for the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. We are grateful for your decision to be one of those making a difference for your neighbours.
A volunteer dedicates his or her time and skills to help an organization achieve its goals. Volunteering is an opportunity to offer your gifts, learn new skills, form new friendships, and discover the amazing things going on in our community. At Alex House, staff and volunteers partner to implement our mission and programs.
If you are interested in volunteering. please contact Neil Fernyhough, our Manager of Community Programs, at 604-535-0015 (ext 236) or email@example.com. Neil will arrange to meet with you for an interview to discuss your interests, skills, and availability; and to give you a brief tour around the facility. You can fill out a volunteer registration package online; or pick one up when you come for an interview.
We acknowledge this contribution of time, energy, commitment and support every day. We couldn't do it withoout you!
And what do our volunteers say? Here’s a few favorite moments.....
• Meeting some very interesting people
• Swapping stories with other volunteers
• Getting familiar with Canadian food
• Hearing the sincere ‘thank-you’s’
• Singing campfire songs at Camp
• The aroma of hot lunch cooking
• Smelling the roses after caring for them all year
• Wearing swim goggles to cut up onions
• Roasting smors with the kids
• Just being able to be at Camp again
• A wonderful sense of belonging
• Realizing that I make a difference